Hydrangea Card


Happy Friday everyone!  Just sharing a card today using Sizzix's Susan Tierney-Cockburn Hydrangea die.  I love Hydrangeas and this die makes such realistic ones.




I started off cutting out my card base and mats.  I used patterned papers from the new line, Mirabelle (from Santoro London) that Urban Scrapbook carries.  The shaped die-cut is cut from Sizzix's Funky Label framelit die.  I machine stitched around the edges of the floral paper and the small label before adhering my layers.


With all of Susan's Garden dies, there is a PDF printable instruction sheet with photos, that is available on the Sizzix site.  There are also videos for some of her older dies.  After cutting out my petals, I inked and assembled following the instructions.  With the hydrangea flower, you can use an end of a small styrofoam ball to give it a rounded shape.  Sometimes I like using patterned paper that has a very subtle pattern or variation of colours instead of cardstock.  It gives the petals a little more realistic look. The centres of the petals were just dots of Liquid Pearls.


The leaves are die-cut from the same paper that I used for my card base. I then inked with Forest Moss
Distress Ink after I scored the leaves with my Susan Garden leaf tool.  As you can see in this photo, I like to finish off the inside of my card too.  It also helps weigh the card down in the back so it doesn't topple over.  A customer gave me this tip; apply a few dots to the bottom front and back of your card edges with a liquid glue pen and let dry.  It leaves a fine dot of rubber texture to the edge and stops it from slipping.


After I said that, I thought I'd better show you what it looks like, in case some of you are wondering what I am talking about.  It's the tool next to the tweezers.  The pointy end is curved, and when you score using the light green mat, it makes great lines on your leaves without poking holes in them.  I use this set all the time when making flowers and leaves.


I added in a few Mirabelle stickers (butterflies, label & flower).  The paper with the stamp mark and butterfly are also from the Mirabelle Collection.  My "thanks" is die cut from Sizzix's 659210 Elegant Stand-up Card set.  
If you love hydrangeas as much as I do, you will love using this die!

That's it for me today!  
Have a great weekend,

Jan


2 comments

Nicole Wright Designs said...

So pretty and that die is awesome!

Margarita Dickens said...

Just a beautiful card, love the colours and love the contant, thanks

Back to Top