HAPPY HALLOWEEN!


Wishing you all a happy halloween and hope you have a spooktacular evening. Here's a few projects to share with you!  



This frightful tag is made with Tim Holtz Metallic Kraft Core cardstock and his new Halloween thinlits dies.




I die cut 2 tags from the Tim Holtz Tag (656938) Sizzix die and his silver Metallic cardstock.  With one of the tags, I die-cut different words from the Tim Holtz Halloween Block Words, trying to cover the entire tag.  The Monster Thinlits die was used for my 3-D monster.  It was also die-cut using the Metallic cardstock.  I sanded the edges and inked with Ground Espresso Distress Ink, then assembled.


I glued the tag with the words cut out on top of the plain tag with Ranger's Matte Medium. The tag then was lightly sanded after the glue had dried.  I applied Ground Espresso Distress paint, waited for a bit, then wiped off the excess, leaving some in the recessed areas.  Matte this on black cardstock and trim slightly larger than the tag.
Pop dot the Monster to the tag and add in ribbon, charms.



This wreath was made using the Tim Holtz Coffins Bigz Die, Fall Foliage Thinlits Die Set, Bird Branch Bigz Die (I just cut off the bird and used the branch) and the Tattered Leaves Bigz die.  I cut out a round ring from a sheet of foam core by tracing a a circle and a smaller circle on the inside.  This was my base.  Next I used a hot glue gun and adhered the branches and leaves.  The coffins were assembled and adhered next.  I just added a wire for a hanger, a bow, charms, and a chipboard Happy Halloween.  My papers that I used for the coffins were from Authentique's collection, "Moonlit" and the chipboard piece was from the My Mind's Eye collection, "Something Wicked". The paper for the leaves were from various paper collections.

I can't foget my layout for Urban Scrapbook's monthly challenge:


Our kits this month included papers from Carta Bella, Tim Holtz Gothic Industrious Stickers, Wicked Alpha Parts, cardstock and a few other embellishments.
I die-cut my pumpkins out with the Tim Holtz Jack-O-Lantern Bigz die and the included burlap piece.    I used the Tim Holtz Undertaker stamp set and distress paint on my black background paper.  The little halloween cutouts were hand cut from my patterned paper and used on my garland.

Well, that's the last of my halloween projects for this year.  I loved all the different collections this year and enjoyed creating with them!  How about you?  It's on to Christmas and Winter themes now!

Have a great evening,

Jan

2 comments

Kelly said...

Do you ever sleep? Omgosh Jan, that wreath is just insane. What a good idea to use the coffin die like that. I saw your wonderful banner at work too. That was stunning and I hear someone won it. They must have gone out of their minds. You've made so many awesome projects the year, thanks for sharing them at Urban! We get a lot of nice comments about our displays and you're projects are front and centre. I learn so much from you <3 xk

Unknown said...

Amazing pieces Jan! I love the coffin wreath, such a cool idea. TFS!

Back to Top